Monday, September 18, 2017

Taste is the True Test

This is the ad that I came across while looking in the Wired Magazine. It caught my eye because of the large, all caps font starting on the left side of the page. I took a closer look and analyzed the ad.
Proximity: The bottle of Goose Island is in close proximity to the reader. I think that it would have a greater effect on the reader if it was just the bottle, not the hand holding the pint. I think that the creator could move the beer bottle over to the middle of the page to give it a bigger effect.
Alignment: I think that the ad visual connects the elements. I like the three long lines at the bottom of the page and the larger block text at the top. I think that the hand holding the beer throws off the alignment in the ad and should be done away with.
Repetition: This ad has the repetition of the word "Goose." I think that it reassures the viewer about the brand.
Contrast: The contract of the big white font on the all black background catches the viewers attention. Along with the big letters on the beer bottle saying "GOOSE IPA."



We were assigned to recreate the ad in our own way. I decided to keep the same type of ad, but make a few minor changes. I found images off google, but then went to investigate where they were really form. The larger beer image I used was off a european website called saver-biere.com, it is an site online where customers all over the world can order all types of beer for a discounted price. The Goose Island emblem was pulled off google, but google found it from a  website called elkindistributing.com which is another website that sells craft beer that functions out of West Virginia.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Field House VR Tour

Suz and I worked on this practice VR tour together. We went to the field house and took 360 pictures of areas we were familiar with.