Friday, September 8, 2017

Best Blogs (according to sav)

When doing research about the best blogs online I took into consideration the websites Dr. Nichols gave us, but also wanted to look up blogs that pertained to what I am interested in. I did some searching and found three blogs that represent things that I am interested in. It was interesting seeing all the different blogs online, these are the three that I enjoyed most.

Travel: I love to travel, and it is my dream to move to the UK after I graduate, so I decided to find a travel blog that I thought was interesting and helpful. One Mile at a Time is a travel blog created by a man called "Lucky." He travels around the world using travel rewards, and I found his blog really interesting. Visually he had a clean layout, using gray, blue, and black as his primary colors, and an easy to read font. His links were at the top of the page, making it really easy for the reader to navigate where they wanted to go. He also included some pictures that could benefit the user, but it is mostly useful travel information. Verbally he spoke to the reader in a tone that was helpful. He knows his information and he is willing to share it with the reader. The content on the blog is all about travel but it varies from topic to topic, you can learn what the best travel credit card is, to what the best airport lounge is, and everything in between. He also allows his readers to comment and ask questions on his posts, and he is pretty good about responding. Digital User Experience, he has a "forum" created for dedicated readers where they can privately message him and ask him questions. Along with that, he has a huge social media presence, having over 50,000 likes on Facebook. The blog also has numerous links that take the readers to other pages and give them information about what they are looking for. All in all, I really enjoyed looking at this blog and it stuck out to me because of all the information within it.

Food: I love to try all different types of food, particularly vegetarian foods. So, I did some research on google and found this really cool vegetarian food blog called Naturally Ella. Visually, the layout of this website is so clean and neat, it really attracts the eye. It uses green, white, and gray colors which is calming. Along with neat fonts and colors it also has beautiful pictures of all the recipes she has to share with her readers, the pictures are so appealing to the eye I want to try them all! Verbally the blog informs the readers about different recipes they can make, and how they can make them. The blog will ask the readers questions and then allow them a link to click on to "stock their pantry" which shows them ingredients they will need. When it came to digital user experience this blog was really cool. It has a "make your own recipe" section where the reader can click on different categories to see what they are interested in eating or making. It also has a "plan your meals" sections that I think it a great link for readers to use when planning meals. Naturally Ella also allows the readers to share they posts on Facebook so it is reaching out to a bigger audience.

Fashion: I love clothes, even if I can't afford them, I still love to look! When I was looking for a cool fashion blog I saw Elle Magazine posted an article about different blogs. I looked at some of them and found one that I thought was really cool. Gary Pepper Girl is a fashion blog. Visually it is different from a lot of them because it has large images with short captions, and if the reader is interested they can click to read more. Similar to other blogs she uses a neat layout that is appealing to the readers eye. This blog is not as verbal as others, it has mostly large images and short explanations. It was interesting though because it was about fashion, but she also mentions travel and some of her social life which I think is interesting (people love to know other peoples business!) Although when the blog did speak to the readers it was in a friendly manor, and there wasn't many posts that were longer than two paragraphs. This blogs digital user experience is good, it has links to different categories such as beauty, travel, outfits, etc. Also, this is a blog that has a worldwide presence, you can even click a link and see the activity in different countries! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Field House VR Tour

Suz and I worked on this practice VR tour together. We went to the field house and took 360 pictures of areas we were familiar with.